NJ Manufacturer with 75 employees consolidates and migrates to Hosted PBX successfully
Upon engaging client and performing an initial audit of all telecom services, client expressed frustration with end of life premise based system and the cost to support the system. They were dealing with 3 different providers across the manufacturing plant, warehouse and office. Our objective was to migrate the customer to a Cloud based PBX, upgrade the network to dedicated fiber, integrate the new system with overhead paging all without increasing total spend.
We brought in two national hosted PBX providers with the ability to manage leftover analog services while providing competitively priced dedicated fiber. Having failover in place from two different ISPs was critical as zero downtime was acceptable for their manufacturing operation. Once the preferred solution was selected due to integrations with salesforce, we oversaw all aspects of provisioning and deployment. The manufacturer was able to source services onto a single invoice, have field sales be part of the cloud based, unified system and save more than 20% in the process.
- Leveraged J3’s carrier relationships to provide pricing that was 20% less than the same company’s retail / direct proposal
- Provided network assessment and office readiness test of dedicated fiber connection while staging new cloud based PBX
- Assisted and managed seamless deployment and migration to a true cloud based unified communications eliminating the PBX maintenance contract entirely
- Client now has a single number to call for support 24/7/365 and the IT department has spent 90% less time dealing with telecom related issues and changes
“Working with J3 Technologies was a simple process from the beginning, James walked us through the entire process and his team made sure our provider followed through with all promises. Working with telecom carriers was something I always dreaded before James and his teams opened by eyes to a new way of doing things” – IT Director
International Bedding Wholesaler saves by moving PBX to the cloud for NJ locations
During initial meeting client stated that the current provider that oversaw both the onsite PBX and traditional PRI services hadn’t tried to lower costs or offer any new alternatives for the past 4 years. J3 was brought in review services and see if making a move to the cloud was possible. Due to antiquated infrastructure and old wiring in place, new Cat 6 wiring was installed along with an internet upgrade to higher speeds for both locations. J3 went to work to find the best solution that would add redundancy and give this company better international rates for business conducted overseas.
J3 brought in their wiring specialist to upgrade the infrastructure to handle a migration from premise based, legacy services to VoIP. Negotiations with the ISP also yielded an upgrade in speed without increasing price. J3 worked with three potential providers that could provide onsite install, manage the ISP connection, and provide competitive rates for international calling. After a provider was selected, J3 was able to deliver 30% savaging versus the current spend by moving services to an enterprise grade cloud based provider that was able to service the volume of international calling.
- Leveraged carrier relationships to provide pricing that was 28% less than originally proposed. Saved several thousand dollars per year, or 30% versus their current spend
- Took the burden of meeting with several providers, down to two providers saving the customer 75% of time during the research phase
- Assumed management of all communication services, in addition to managed IT services for new location
- Client now has a single number to call for support 24/7/365 and the IT department has spent 95% less time dealing with telecom related issues and changes
"I can’t thank James and J3 enough for making what I thought was going to be a difficult process easy. I never had this level of support from our previous provider, and it has helped me spend more conducting day to day business rather than worrying about our company’s communications. I view James as part of our team and would recommend his services to anyone in the market." - VP of Operations
Case Study #3:
J3 Technonogies and their team consolidate 40 invoices to 1 for one iconic New Jersey City
J3 was brought in to evaluate the current telecommunications services that were across several providers and 40 invoices, literally thousands of pages of telecom bills. There was no centralized process in place for reporting trouble tickets, or making changes. Many of the city’s employees were spending unnecessary time on the phone with their previous providers only to still be faced with ongoing issues. An entire overhaul was necessary to centralize billing, find savings, and take the support burden off of the city works.
J3 worked closely with the phone vendor to identify more than 200 lines that could be added to new PRI services and worked with Verizon to make sure these PRIs were delivered over Fiber rather than the degrading copper infrastructure. In addition to service consolidation, J3 was able to find $40,000 worth of savings over the term in hard savings, and eliminate 40 invoices and bring the provider count down from five to one. We worked with all sides of the city to centralize support into a single number for the city to call for all support related issues for both city hall and the police department. We had the city prioritized within the Verizon wholesaler to get priority repair status based on our carrier relationship. We then worked with the phone vendor for all provisioning and porting to ensure a successful deployment of their new hybrid VOIP system.
- Saved the city $40,000 in hard savings over a 3 year term, Over $100,000 in estimated soft costs
- Reduced POTS line count from 400 down to 200, and consolidated 40 individual invoices onto 1 invoice from a leading Verizon wholesaler
- Centralized and prioritized customer support with a single number to call eliminating 80% of employee time spend calling into Verizon
- Worked well with the existing technology vendors in place and eliminated the previous finger-pointing by previous suppliers
“I finally have someone to rely on to see issues through to completion. We've never had that before!” - Purchasing Manager for the City